The damage it causes comes in all shapes and sizes, and when dealing with it, time is of the essence. If you currently have a water damage emergency, don’t hesitate to contact us anytime day or night. A few common causes of household water damage would include:
– Call us as soon as possible, as water damage only gets worse with time, and inevitably makes way for an even more formidable enemy in mold. We are available 24/7 to start drying as quickly as possible.
– On this initial contact we will ask about the source of the water, whether the leak or flow has been stopped, how extensive it appears that the damage is, and what your plan is for insurance involvement.
– It is important to note at this initial stage that you take precaution to remain safe. Avoid the affected area if there is any risk of electrical contact, and of course be careful in walking cautiously.
– Day or night, we will arrive at your house as quickly as possible to conduct a thorough inspection.
– Upon arrival our water technician will stop the water if still needed. They will then survey the damage, block or move any furniture, and identify the category of water contamination. At that point they will begin a digital estimate, as well as documentation that includes photos of everything.
– Drying is a science. We condition the affected area for maximum humidity. Our goal is to get the water out of the materials, into the air, and then out of the house completely through one of our very large dehumidifiers.
– Average drying time is probably five days, but every job is unique. We calculate the amount of equipment your home will need and get it dry as quickly as possible. We also document every step of the way for clarity with both you and your insurance company.
– When the water drys, there’s a mess to clean up. In every way you can imagine, and probably a few that you can’t, we’ve got you covered. From cleaning to deodorizing, we get it done and often even leave things better than before.
– We’re blessed to have one of the most talented teams we’ve ever had, and it’s only getting better. Home damage can affect any of the many areas or materials that come together to build a house. Our crew has experience with all of it. Truthfully we could do a variety of work within construction, we choose to help people specifically through restoration.
Before We Arrive
It’s easy to feel helpless against water that seemingly does what it wants. If you’re itching to do something, and the affected area is safe, here are a few things you can do while we’re on our way:
Wipe Excess Water from Wood Furniture
Remove Wet Cushions and Other Upholstery
Remove Art and Other Decor
Place Aluminum Foil Between Furniture Legs and Wet Carpet
Remove Colored Rugs and Any Other Loose Items
Turn Air Conditioning On In Summer For Quickest Drying