Mold is unique in that it only exists if water damage did before it. WebMD warns us that sneezing, red eyes, and skin rashes are just the beginning–those particularly sensitive to household mold can experience more serious side effects such as shortness of breath. Anywhere there is any amount of mold growing, spores can be released and inhaled by you or your family. Obviously this is something that does not belong in your home.
Mold isn’t safe for anyone. Period. But there are certain groups of our neighbors who are particularly at risk for adverse reactions to it. Be careful if you or a loved one fit any of these categories:
Anyone With Allergies
Anyone With Asthma
Infants, Children, & the Elderly
Anyone Who’s Immune System is Compromised For a Variety of Medical Reasons